How to setup and use your Link Genie
Have another question? Private Message us on Instagram or Facebook. or email us: info[@]linkgenie.co
All usernames are subject to approval and must be a minimum of 6 characters! LinkGenie reserves the right to change your username if it is shorter then the required length.
Before you begin, be sure you have activated your account via the special email we sent upon sign up. Once you are logged back in you will be able to manage you profile and links.
- How do I add/edit my "Profile Description"? Click the dropdown menu with your handle and tap "Edit My Profile". Under your BIO profile image you will find "Profile Description". Note: This is limited to a certain amount of characters. It also supports Emojis just like your Instagram profile. Don't forget to click Submit to save changes.
- How do I change my profile image? Click the dropdown menu with your handle and tap "Edit My Profile". Then simply tap the current BIO image to change image. Most images must be under 2MB to upload. Profile images must meet or exceed 1000px by 1000px and should first be cropped to square on your device before uploading.
- How do I change my LinkGenie background? For those who have PRO accounts, you can swap your background image under your profile. Steps: Click the dropdown menu with your handle and tap "Edit My Profile". Right under your Profile Description, you will see "Custom Background". We recommend playing with different images. Depending on the amount of links you add, you may need to crop your image before uploading it. The background image aligns top/left. Note: Some images may be too large coming straight from a photographer or camera so if our system rejects it, you can first use this 3rd party service called Squoosh to compress your images. Images must not exceed 2mb before uploading and all images work best as JPG format. We recommend adding most all your links first before playing with the background image as it will offset the image depending on the amount of links you have. Check to make sure the image looks good when you view your public profile. "View Public Profile". But first, DON'T FORGET to CLICK Submit at the bottom of your profile to save changes. Enjoy! View it on mobile as 90% of your traffic will view it on mobile sized devices.
YouTube & SoundCloud
- How do I embed a YouTube video? Click the dropdown menu with your name handle and tap "My Links & Stats". Then simply go to YouTube click the Video's "Share" find the copy link option and then simply paste that special video link/URL into the "Add new link" area. https://linkgenie.co/
- How do I embed a SoundCloud track? Click the dropdown menu with your handle and tap "My Links & Stats". Then simply go to SoundCloud click the track's "Share" find the copy link option and then simply paste that special track link/URL into the "Add new link" area.